You win some you lose some..........


I know it's not about winning, and kids need to learn to be good losers not sore losers. I have decided that people who say that don't have a drama king child, or they never lose! We had the scouts space derby today, and Caleb was whining from the time he saw the trophy's on the table until we left! They had 5 trophy's on the table, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, Most creative and Best Design. So for a group that doesn't focus on "Winning" we have trophy's GREAT! This will be FAB-U-LOUS! Caleb was rocket 26 out of 27, watching the rockets zoom by (at least a few did) he walks up to be to tell me he won't win, he wants to go home, blah blah blah.......

Here we are rocket 26.......... finally it's our turn to race and the rocket flies....I mean really flies by! Wow I was amazed and so was Caleb! He ended up in the final 4 after his rocket won 3 races! I was so proud of him ....and then came more whining......it's endless! I'm not gonna win.....more blah blah blah.... seriously the child has no sportsmanship!I don't know who he learns that from I'm a good sport , probably cause I never win! So is his dad...well unless some kid is cheating at soccer then he's not!

So I close my eyes for a moment and started to pray, I was at church today so I should still have an open line right? I thought I might be struck by lighting because I was praying he would win that trophy because I don't think I could handle the drama and endless whining that would come with losing! I know it's not very "Mom sportsmanship" to pray for someone elses kid to loss and maybe I'll be struck down tomorrow by lighting but THANK YOU LORD that he won 3rd place and took home a trophy!I'll take my punishment for hoping someone else lost tomorrow...but for today we will take home the 3rd place trophy!




No comments:

Post a Comment