Paybacks.........


I have decided I am being paid back for being a child. One time when I was little my mom was talking to a friend on the bench at the park. So I took it upon myself, to hop on the city bus and wave while it pulled away from the curb! !She had to chase it down to get me off! Another time I was skating across the street , twirling my baton ( yes I was multi- talented) fell , broke my arm and a car ran over the top of my body, didn’t hit me thou, didn’t stop either. Another time I was racing my pink huffy bike against my cousin driving a scooter….he won only because, I fell and he ran over my stomach or I am sure I would have won! So needless to say I put my folks through so dozies, before I was even 10!


Wow and then the teenage years! Boys, Broken Hearts, Boobs and did I mention Boys? Yikes, this may only be the beginning of my paybacks! I am sure my husband was a perfect child, that’s what his mom always says at least! But I am convinced that if our son burnt the house down, her response would be” Oh it was so cute, the way he lit the match and torched the house! I needed a new one anyway!” Yes for her he is a perfect child!(We love you Meme) I think it’s because she gets to send him back home with us!


I never understood the true meaning of the words ”Because I said so!” Until I became the one uttering those dreadful words! I use them often although it doesn’t seem to have the same effect as it did when I was a kid. I also did not get the “evil eye”, you know the look, all you had to do was get that look and you KNEW that you need to stop! Or if my folks said my full name (which I wasn't sure they even knew!) …oh boy watch out! None of that works with my son. So here goes another day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment