He Said What???

I've sat through many parent teacher conferences over the years with PC, from my very first conference with Ms. Kitty his preschool teacher, which had to be my favorite as she was spinning all the positive vibes about how he will be such a leader ...and not a follower... to the time I went to his 6th grade conference with 7 of his teachers and  they were SHOCKED he wasn't British ... because apparently he had been using a fake accent in all his classes at  school, and then we had the conference today.....where I wanted to crawl under the table and hide!!!

Backing up a few weeks ago, I got a call from one of PC's teachers and she left a message that PC " thinks he is tech support and is changing the settings on the computers, swapping out batteries for the laptops, and changing where documents are stored. Please have a talk with him........ " well you get the idea, of course the standard reply from your tween who is in trouble is " It wasn't me" and " I didn't do anything" and since I am such the bad guy and can start WW2 by just speaking (or breathing most days) or asking a question to PC ... that seems to set off fireworks so I let Hubster talk it out with him and get to the bottom of it, problem solved. I even followed up with the teacher when she called for another reason to make sure he was complying with the rules and the computers and she said YES he was, and that NO he wasn't changing things on the computers.

So thankfully for me (at least today) , the parent teacher conferences are set up with 1 teacher,  the homeroom teacher, she gets feed back from everyone else and brings it all to the conference ....  so there I sit and as I am scanning the comments from his beloved teacher whom he has for 3 of his 7 classes I see " and he(PC)  made the comment that "His dad wants to see my credentials because he does not believe I know what I am doing" .....OMG!!!! I am ready to climb under the table and call it a day - all while the homeroom teacher is reading the comments out loud ... clearly I can read ... and I am pretty sure I muttered a "OMG and are you friggen kidding me" she stopped short and said "Oh... Wow"....I mean really what do you say to that???? Because I can image Hubster and PC having this conversation since PC is 12 going on 32 and knows everything about anything! Other comments were " He is so bright and capable of doing the work" and  " he has superior attitude at times" and "he complains all class long", and 'when he does work he does great work"  So really it almost sounds like he is at home!!

Needless to say we all know he is bright and can do the work, but he is stubborn and lazy and apparently busy throwing his dad under the bus with the teachers..........so I came home handed the reports to Hubster since he didn't want another round of WW2 to explode and I did what any reasonable level headed mom would do... I took the dogs to the dog park! That way I didn't go to jail for strangling PC, there was no screaming and yelling like a lunatic mama that we know I can be and the pups were happy and will sleep well tonight.

The Hubster and PC rode their bikes to the dog park and chatted and hopefully none of the conversations were about the teachers credentials or anything else he will be repeating in the heat of the moment to his teachers...............

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha hahaha hahaha! Not what we thought it was going to be huh??????? You should write a book and make it .... The real truth about having kids. Lol !

    ReplyDelete