I shall call you ..... "Cha-Ching"


It’s been a long month and a half with our little new fur baby Jill, and finally I think the light at the end of the tunnel is a good thing…..and NOT the train getting ready to run me over! Adopting her spur of the moment (ok …well kinda… spur of the moment) we have certainly had our fair share of issues!! She has had tons of medical issues starting from day one of adoption! I am thinking I should rename her to “Cha –Ching” because she is costing a fortune between kennel cough, demodectic mange (needing 3-6 treatments at $100 a dip OMG…..we are on treatment # 3), tape worms (the most disgusting thing I have EVER seen), a UTI infection (seriously??).  And just last week I had to take her to the Emergency Vet ~ (OH COME ON)!!! I had flash backs from being there with Rigby…who we dubbed the “Golden Kitty” after he had to have emergency surgery!! 
Waiting and waiting for the doc to come in
Thankfully she didn’t need surgery or anything drastic like that! The diagnose they came up with after me sitting there for 3 hours was “Non Specific Gastro” so really … they had no idea what caused her to be sick to her tummy…for $260 they could have made up a fancy name……..but they gave her a shot to stop the vomiting, a pill to stop the runs and some fluids to replace everything that came outta my poor girl!! She just laid all curled up in my lap ....while my leg went numb ... and growled when ever the door bell woke her!
 But I have to say ….Jill woke up one happy pup the next  morning, wagging her tail and giving her morning kisses (did I mention that both Jack and Jill are my new bunk mates~ good thing hubster sleeps on the couch) that I would have paid twice that amount ~ but we certainly won’t tell the vet that!!! Finally she is feeling better and she hasn’t had any accidents in over a week!! So we won’t have to change her name to “Piddles” either!
Now as far as mischief goes …… well ………Jack and Jill  have been in full force mode on that!

The hubster told me the other morning that he had to go into the office for a couple of hours ..……hum well that poses a problem doesn’t it? We have 2 pups and 1 crate…. I even contemplated calling in sick (I know not the most ethical thing to do …..but OMG leaving the fur babies unattended for 2 plus hours.. …they make horror movies outta stuff like that!!!) Prince Charming chimed in and said he would stay home with them….. umm………almost considered that option too! In the end I made a Redneck attempt at a barricade to get them all blocked into the craft room ……….they had all the comforts they would need…….I had their beds, toys, snacks, water and I even left the TV on so they would have something to watch …….as they laid there quietly and behaved!!! Apparently they must not have like the show I left on ……….when the hubster returned home he started sending me pictures!!My attempt had failed……..  If it wasn’t for my little angel face Jill caught in the act of sleeping on the couch I’d think the cats framed them …… okay so maybe I should have called in that day ……because clearly I was delusional thinking blocking them in would work!!

Jack and Jill are also helping speed up the process of our redecorating efforts……. The hubster has been looking to update our curtains for some time now …….
Guess the kids thought that sooner would be better then later!!! So we currently are living in a fish bowl after we had to take them down completely and all the fur babies (3 cats and the 2 pups) are really enjoying not having those pesky curtains in the way of their view outside!!!
Oh what fun this has been............
 

No comments:

Post a Comment