A Nightmare in the Making

The drumming of the fingernails on the table, clenched fist pounding against the thigh , the tear swelling eyes, the consist "Can we go" plea through clenched teeth and then the gush of tears as we head back to the car. Yep that is how "Meet the teacher went" on Friday. And have I mentioned that school actually starts on Monday?? Lets just say at home it didn't get any better, PC lost his door due to slamming it, lost computer privileges ...yet again. The anxiety and shear panic of starting school on Monday, has created complete and absolute chaos for our household (not that its always smooth sailing) , what do you do as a parent, when you have a child pleading, begging, sobbing, arguing with you to please let them do virtual school? The thing you said would be "Over my dead body", do you rethink that option? Do you drag that child to the school, and make him suck it up, because this is the way it is? I'd like to say "YES - that's what you do, because you are the parents" but in reality, I don't think I can make him go to school. How the hell would I get him up, dressed , ready , and in the car? Then get him out of the car, into the classroom and tell him to have a good day? Do I really want to subject the teachers to this torture - I mean he wouldn't even speak to them - not even a hello!!! WTF??  I am sure they are uber excited to have him in class this year! Do I drag the sheriff  here and say , can you make him go to school? Do you think he will come all 180 days of school? I doubt it, and I don't think that we as a family would survive the next 180 days of school  without one of the following happening.....
  1.  Me being in jail for attempted murder (or worse)
  2. Getting divorced
  3. Running away and assuming another identity (hey that option doesn't look so bad)
  4. Dropping child off at the fire station and running the other way
None of those options I think are in my favor, with the exception of # 3 & maybe 4 if done in a remote location and he didn't remember our address.

So now what?? I have no freaking idea!! Do I struggle daily with the "What did I do wrong? Why is he like this? WHY? WHY? WHY? Why is he an ass? Why cant he just be a happy, normal , functioning human being, like everyone else seems to be??? Why me? Why us? How does one child have so much control?  WHY???? WTF???  YEP - you bet your sweet ass I struggle with that internal battle every freaking day!! Some days it's easier then others, right now it's a friggen nightmare - as school starts in less than 24 hours!! We've spent $100 in school supplies ( BTW have already been delivered to the school) , not to mention the other $150 in uniforms.......(which BTW he wouldn't go shopping to try the friggen shorts on ....so I went and got 2 different sizes, came home, made him try them on LAST SUNDAY ....and went and bought the size he told me that fit ....took the other pair back ...oh and guess what?? Yep that's right ... when he put them on Friday ... they didn't fit, they aren't comfortable!!!WTF?? Are you kidding me??? Then he tells me I didn't buy the ones he tried on at the house!!!! OMG- shoot me now!!! ) So I say again now what??

We have told him he has to go to school tomorrow, that we are looking into virtual school - I've showed him the "Enrollment is closed notice on the website" and the email from the Virtual Director that it will open again on Aug. 25th and that they MUST be attending the school they are assigned" and of course he has to argue the fact that ....."If enrollment is closed WHY are they still showing commercials for the virtual school" OMG  I don't F-ing know - sooooo I shut the TV off ....then he had to watch me send an email back asking if there was anyway to get in before the 25th. He has also been told that IF he does virtual school he has to pick 2 outside extra activities that involve being around people!!! How can a 13 year old be so anti social??? SERIOUSLY???? WTH????

Parenting the worlds most difficult child has taught me one thing......NEVER, EVER say "Oh I will never do this or that"!  Because it comes back to bite you in the ass every friggen time...........they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?? Right about now I should be she-woman!

Lets all take a moment of silence and pray ......"Dear God, please don't let Pepper be featured on the 6'Oclock news" Amen....

No comments:

Post a Comment